6 Careers That Will Keep You Busy
As more research develops around the deadly and costly effects of having a career that keeps you sedentary, people are becoming more interested in exploring new career paths that will keep them mentally and physically busy.
Here are some exciting careers that will keep you on your toes, literally and figuratively speaking:
- Public Relations Specialist – These individuals handle a wide variety of media issues. Including writing speeches, setting up interviews, and doing damage control for celebrity reputations. This is a fast paced career that comes with alternating duties, so boredom does not come easy.
- Elementary School Teacher – If you’re a person that loves being around children and will take pride in molding the minds of future leaders, teaching is definitely a career to consider. Teachers rarely get a moment to sit and be bored. Every day is an adventure filled with new achievements for students and teachers.
- Police Officer/ Private Investigator – If you want to be a crusader for justice or a protector of society at large, a career in policing or investigation just might be the path you should consider. Police and investigators never know what to expect when they go out to perform their duties. This danger and excitement will definitely hold your attention in the long run.
- Paralegal – Are you extremely organized or have a keen eye for detail? Paralegals help lawyers remain on top of their burdensome case loads and other duties . You’re always researching or taking notes, not a second to sit and feel stagnant.
- Software Developer – Computers have quickly become an integral part of the average person’s day. Whether it is the computer in your car, your phone, or your video game console, software designers create the programs that allow computers to do the amazing things we enjoy. They are also responsible for producing cutting edge technology.
- Registered Nurse- If you’re a compassionate person and have plenty of physical stamina, a career in nursing might be perfect for you. Nursing requires you to constantly take care of multiple patients and maintain various aspects of a hospital. There’s hardly a dull moment throughout the day, plus you get to go home with the satisfaction that you’ve made a difference the lives of others.
Malcolm Morrow, a Your Black World Network contributor, is a senior, criminal justice major at The University of Southern Miss.