Farrakhan Says Black People Must Begin to Invest their Money

Filed under: Commentary,money and finance,This and That |

farrakhan122

by Dr. Boyce Watkins

This week, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan spoke to thousands on the annual “Savior’s Day” in Chicago.  The storied leader, who is now 79-years old, talked about the state and direction of black America, and what must be done for the black community to prosper.   Much of the conversation centered around investing, borrowing, lending, saving and all the other things that make a capitalist society tick.

Farrakhan also spoke about the elephant in the room, Barack Obama, in a way that was both honest and diplomatic:

“Even though one of our own has reached the highest pinnacle of the American political system, his presence has not, cannot and will not solve our problems,” Farrakhan said.

The  minister spoke to the importance of economic self-sufficiency as a necessity for dealing with the dismal economic climate being faced by the African American community.  The black unemployment rate is nearly double that of whites, and black family wealth has been absolutely obliterated by the recession.  Nearly every other group has recovered from the recession, except for the black community.  Corporations recovered within months and white unemployment isn’t all that bad,  but black unemployment is atrocious, and black men are in the middle of a persistent version of the Great Depression.

Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam (NOI) control a great deal of farmland in various parts of the country and have also served as a powerful model of economic empowerment.  I doubt that the black unemployment rate has heavily impacted the NOI, since they are very good at making their own money.   The freedom one feels when he/she is able to find their own resources is indescribable, and it’s easier to sleep at night when you’re not worried about trying to convince your oppressors to pay your bills.

I met with Minister Farrakhan two months ago in a private conversation that lasted for three hours.   One of the themes that came up was the importance of embracing economic empowerment and access to resources as a way to short-circuit the violence occurring in Chicago.  The young men killing each other in the street are not animals.  Many of them simply need opportunities.  A man who has nothing to live for quickly becomes a danger to us all.

Additionally, Farrakhan and I spoke about how even highly-educated African Americans (i.e. scholars like myself) find ourselves frustrated, abused, marginalized and controlled by institutions that were not designed with our best interests at heart.  When I came to Syracuse University, my department hadn’t hired or promoted a black person in 100 years of operating history (perhaps they felt that every black person on earth was unqualified for the job).   So, there I was, with no mentorship, no support, and a group of colleagues who were openly hostile  and disrespectful toward my advocacy in the black community.  I felt surrounded, frustrated and at risk of seeing my years of hard work go to waste.

The only salvation I had in the midst of such dire circumstances was to learn to start my own business.  I invested nearly all of my money into things that would free me from the economic plantation. I built an entrepreneurial dream that would allow my academic talents to be harnessed and channeled toward my community, instead of allowing them to be hijacked and sold to the highest bidder.  Once I achieved economic self-sufficiency, I began to know what it means to be truly free.  That is also when I learned what it means to be a scholar.

My point here is that we need a REVOLUTION.  This has to be a revolution of the mind as it pertains to what we do with the trillion-plus dollars in purchasing power controlled by the African American community.  Every black person must learn how to start their own business as a matter of economic survival, even if you are not a full-time entrepreneur.  Rather than teaching our children to be borrowers, spenders and consumers, we must teach them to become investors, savers and producers.  This is the only way to overcome the massive black unemployment problem in America, and it is the only path to true spiritual freedom in a society where money will always be king.

The civil rights movement was political, with many of these gains being rolled back on a second’s notice.  The next step of this movement must be almost entirely economic, where we both embrace the power of money, but also seek to understand how this power can be used to generate meaningful change.  Wealth doesn’t exist so you can buy extra jewelry, new cars and silly material items (although some of that is OK).  It exists so you can build communities, strengthen families and elevate future generations.

For those who don’t agree with everything Farrakhan says, I encourage you to remember that we all agree that we must provide for our families.   Most of us also agree that something has got to change with regard to how we respond to black economic challenges.  This month, Min. Farrakhan and I are going to gather for a public event at The University of Illinois at Chicago forum (Saturday, 3/30 at 5 pm CST) to further discuss these matters.  Everyone is invited and it’s free to the public.

New paradigms must be embraced and we must begin to fully understand the power of economic literacy, financial empowerment and various forms of self-sufficiency.  Self-sufficiency doesn’t mean that you’re necessarily walking away from integration….it only means that you’re renegotiating the terms.

Dr. Boyce Watkins is a Finance Professor at Syracuse University and founder of the Your Black World Coalition and author of the book, “Black American Money.” To have Dr. Boyce commentary delivered to your email, please click here.

Comments

comments

67 Responses to Farrakhan Says Black People Must Begin to Invest their Money

1. Indeed and Amen!!!!!

Karl Mckinnie
    February 26, 2013 at 4:00 pm

2. I definitely agree, but there is one problem here:

We are definitely divided by the perverted catholic…Blacks will continue to shop and spend money with any business that is not Black owned…Chinese restaurants are ot in hood by accident and Black folks are making them rich, while they continue to employ no one from the neighborhood’s in which they do business and the same goes for other races with businesses in the hood…

We must learn to save our money, and spend it on things that we need, not what we want…

We must cater to each other, and exclude all other’s until we reach our goal financially and socially…

We must enforce that our children learn to read and write and at high level, and contiue with their education…

If we stay together as a race, we can do a lot to improve on our own situation, but we must remember that the perverted catholic will be watching, and will attempt to accuse of all types of crimes…

But to me, this is all a dream because you can a Black man or woman to bring the rest of us down…

PB Short
    February 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm

• That is because the markets are overly-saturated.

We’ve got too many black folks out here trying to specialize in readily-available body butters and handmade soaps and tertiary products that are easily picked up in a local grocery store or pharmacy, and not enough who have a vested interest in JOB CREATION.

Malls, gas stations, grocery stores, the places where we shop and buy everyday necessities, not just luxury items (luxury notwithstanding) and we should be conglomerated and concentrated in high unemployment areas with corporate entities that feed not greed, and not all of these one-piece tossed all over heaven and earth one-man businesses with “stuff” piled on flat tables like we live in a Forever Flea Market.

It’s too easy to get the things you need on the next trip to the store that is owned by everybody BUT black folks, instead of ordering online or bypassing all of the stores to get to a specialized Flea Market filled with “black” businesses.

Why DON’T we own these markets and stores and have an organized way of selling all of the things we need and profiting from them, too?

At least white folks do that much right.

Reneegede
      February 26, 2013 at 4:15 pm

• Very well stated!

TruthBTold
        February 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm

• Everyone needs to take your message to heart and execute.Not enough African Americans are willing to stick together and build our wealth in our communities or race in general. How long will it take before we realize it is about us together? What are we teaching our children?

TruthBTold
      February 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm

• ‘Some’ of us are teaching our children that President Obama needs to keep coming over here sitting in meetings about the black economy instead of getting off our butts doing something about it.

He’s been President for more than four years now and we’re STILL griping about the same stuff we’ve been griping about since before he was even born in the early 60s?

We really need to get a grip on our FOLLOW THROUGH, even though I am still young enough to remember segregation and “southern justice” and lynchings myself.

We DO NOT have a real excuse for being in this predicament in 2013 and it has nothing to do with Obama being elected as second black president behind Bill Clinton.

Reneegede
        February 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm

3. TOO LATE THE DAMEGAE HAS BEEN DONE AFTER 400 YEARS OF OPRESSION, IGNORANCE IS BLISS AMONG BLACK FOLKS

John Dixon
    February 26, 2013 at 4:06 pm

• And we’re buying that ignorance, too, aren’t we? Going broke paying for it.

Reneegede
      February 26, 2013 at 4:16 pm

• As long as we are alive, it’s never too late.

Joan
      February 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm

• I hate to say it, but you are right. We will forever be a bunch of losers as a race. We took too many bad hits in the head. We honestly need to have a new start.

Greg
      February 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm

4. Wow, the Nation of Islam has been preaching this message for years. Even before the big split they were always self sufficient. It’s just a shame that black people in general haven’t taken their message to heart and worked on their own financial freedom. We’ve been running in circles for too many years. I hope and pray that we can FINALLY see that no body is going to do for us what we can and should do for ourselves. There are millions of black and African people across the globe that we could and should be trading with, working with and buying and selling to. If we only traded amongst our own people we (as a people) could be financially wealthy. Let us put down the self-hate, truly educate ourselves and work together for the betterment of all black and African people.

soulshadow55
    February 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm

• Soulshadow55: For several years my dream was to do business in Africa. Yes, the ventures were undertaken to purchase land to farm, cows, chicken farm setup. Many attempts doing business with my people from Nigeria, Ghana, and Sierra Leone. Needless to say, all was in vain. Money invested and to this day no return.

You can’t be financially wealthy when you can’t trust anyone to do business with you nor for you unless you are in plain sight to view every transaction.

Never again will I invest with anyone, including in the U.S. That was a disaster as well.

So much for honesty and trust. Where is the integrity here?

Sky
      August 25, 2013 at 2:06 pm

5. Yes, we must open businesses and invest in ourselves – The Minister is correct. However, I remember before integration, Black folks all lived in their own communities and they had their own Black businesses in their neighborhoods. Rarely did anyone need to go outside the neighborhood for anything. After integration – White got Right – and Blacks started shopping in, and supporting, these white owned businesses. That is what we have been faced with for all these years. Throw in “planned gentrification” and you find a tons of reasons why we are in the condition we’re in. We need to acknowledge, legitimize, and support our Brothers and Sisters who have the taken entrepreneurial steps. Then and only then will things change.

Joan
    February 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm

6. Black men and women are unintelligent consumers. The market society is devouring our scant resources thereby making us poorer and unhealthier. We buy so much stuff that does not enhance our wellbeing: expensive clothing, foods and drinks and types of entertainment and mock spirituals pursuits that might make us feel good but degrade our innovative talents. We put everything on the credit card and pay back minimums so we are always in debt. But it’s an economic conundrum because we help to keep our brothers and sisters in low-paid service jobs. And so it goes.

Fred Hewitt
    February 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm

7. Finally!! a black leader has spoken truth and knowledge!!Put the guns down and self hate and blame.Investment,education and ownership in our own black self interests is some of the keys to being your own boss.Not always agreed with Farrakhan but today i do .He graced my islands just a few years ago u.s.vi and the rastafarians gave him nuff respect!!Like bro bob marley SAY ONE LOVE.

island lover
    February 26, 2013 at 5:57 pm

• AGREE ISLAND LOVER

ISLANDGIRL
      February 28, 2013 at 4:08 pm

8. I have been saying this all along, instead of blowing money on the fancy cars or new cars for that matter, save and invest. Learn to pay yourself first. Learn to depend on yourself and not others. Learn to put on that one credit card what you can completely pay off when the bill comes in. Learn to budget yourself. Stop trying to impress the family and your neighbors with purchasing what you really cannot afford and teach your children the same thing. Take them to the bank and teach them to pay themselves by saving $5.00 of that $10.00 that granny, auntie, mom, dad whomever gave them for their birthday or Christmas,etc. Yes, there are those that cannot afford to save that much but try opening a savings account and if you can only apply 5 or 10 dollars each week that’s fine, just leave it there, let it draw interest. What he said about our President was also true, he is only one person and he has to make rules that apply to everyone whereas you are one person and have only yoursef and your family to take care of. Our Great grandparents did it, what is our problem? We have so much more opportunity than they had. We need to stop having babies we cannot afford, young men need to learn how to work and above everything, we need to get as much education as we can before THINKING about having babies because it comes down to no education, no money! Don’t you get tired of waiting on those food stamps and checks each month??

Ann G.
    February 26, 2013 at 7:48 pm

9. I kind of agree with Minister Farrakhan. I think Republicans caused African-American fatherless families. Republicans made sure Black males were denied jobs, bullied by police and republican appointed judges. Blacks were denied education – Remember George Wallace of Al. Black males found themselves cornered by Republicans even when not in prison. This has emasculated black males and depended upon Black females. As men, they cannot stand that. They run away from their families. So don’t blame Black males for fatherless homes. Blame republicans. This however has to change now. You heard Rush today whining things are changing on him too fast. His Radio show is losing money – and will soon die. FoxNews is already dying. Those were agencies encouraging republicans continue to mistreat Blacks males.

Pastori Balele
    February 26, 2013 at 9:01 pm

10. I read the things our people say and it proves that we will never overcome if we continue to use the logic the system want us to use.

The Black Pill Bro. L. L. Hill
    February 27, 2013 at 2:40 am

11. Instead of stating the obvious, lets give some suggestions to help eachother/ourselves.
    1. For better health, we should stop eating white rice and bread and drinking sodas.
    2. We should calculate our bills and save more and spend less. Only buy what you need.

NP
    February 27, 2013 at 5:18 pm

12. That’s the ticket! We should start doing instead of talking so darn much. To make it in this life, people only need 4 essential things: Food, shelter, clothing and medical. Everything else are wants. Those 4 elements is the way to construct what a business should entail. With those 4 elements, there’s a business idea. Things people want is another business idea and build from there.

I’m in the process of starting my own business in the Food Industry, only because I’m tired of working for white folks, I don’t like taking orders from no one who thinks they own you and I rather be doing what I like to do. With that said, I plan on hiring a lot of black people to do it. I want to be a part of the, “Job Creators”.

If we keep on bashing each other, we’ll never get anything done. I love my black people and I truly hate it when they sell themselves and other blacks short. Blacks can do better than that and doing so, we can prevail. No one said that you couldn’t own your own business or make your own way.

As I read a post on here about blacks losing their way, that let me know that there are some hopeless and weak ass individuals in the race. That person needs to speak for themself. Don’t put all blacks in your pity party category. There’s a reason why some black make and some don’t; they stop believing in themselves. Well, not me and you shouldn’t either. Keep your chin up and do your part.

If we want to make a difference, then we “must” stand up to violence with some of them ignorant black folks that wants to do us law abiding blacks folks harm. We must take them and educate them to be productive members of society and let them know that we love them. I’ll be damned if I leave anyone of my people behind.

We can start any business we want to start. Get educated on starting a business and best believe that Blacks can do anything they want to do. Some blacks should stay clear away from the ignorant stereotypes that make us dislike who we are. The power of suggestion is mighty. Don’t give into such bullsh*t. Don’t let society ignorance brainwash you into believing you’re not sh*t. You learn by doing…so do it! Stop talking about it and just DO IT.

As I said before, I’m in the process of starting my own business. I don’t care if it kills me. I will give it my all and run with it. I AM MORE THAN JUST A COLOR AND I AM NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING!

Now go and do what you know you can do and don’t look back!

ImNotThatBrainwashedBitchTheyTalkAbout
    February 28, 2013 at 9:12 am

• AMEN TO THAT! I TOO IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING MY OWN BUSINESS.. A RECEPTION HALL.. YOU GIVE ME HOPE AND I WILL BE THE BEST AT IT… BE BLESS

ISLANDGIRL
      February 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

• ISLANDGIRL:

I love you for this reply. Your idea of a Reception Hall is a great one. I am happy for you. I love it when I see black businesses erected. I patronize black businesses in and out of my area. I love to see their faces as I walk through the doors of their establishments, they smile and greet me; a reminder that customer service goes both way.

Reception Halls do really well and there are a number of things you can do with space. Go with your vision and don’t ever look back. I know you will succeed. Never be afraid to ask for help because help is always available.

The key to making it is in your “hands”. It’s always been there; one just have to “grab” the shovel, break new ground, build it and they will come.

I love my black people especially when they love themselves because when you can love yourself, then you can love others. That’s what it’s all about. There’s nothing we cannot do together. I’m willing to take risk no matter what the outcome. If you fall, get up and try again.

Love always.

ImNotThatBrainwashedBitchTheyTalkAbout
        March 1, 2013 at 5:33 am

13. @Reneegede – Here’s the problem with your logic. Those products are mixed with other chemicals and unable to pronounce ingredients. I used to sell shea butter. Blacks would not buy from me, they preferred to buy from YT.

My biggest customers were strippers. When my mother was dying from cancer and I quit my job to take care of her. I made more than enough money from strippers to take care of both households.

So don’t knock body butters if it pays your bills and keep a roof over yours and your family’s head.

Regina
    March 3, 2013 at 6:31 am

14. @soulshadow55 – technically your right. I grew up in the NOI when the late Elijah Muhammad was living. My mother purchased all of our food products and other dry goods from Muslim owned businesses.

When Prophet Muhammad died and the NOI went bankrupt there were our foundation for black owned commerce.

If there is a Black owned Muslim grocery store I will be honored to purchase my food from them, no questions asked.

Regina
    March 3, 2013 at 6:37 am

15. @Joan – THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have been saying the same thing for years.

@IslandGirl – thank you for the idea of a reception hall. I just got an idea.

Thank you very much for the inspiration.

Regina
    March 3, 2013 at 6:40 am

16. Regina
    March 3, 2013 at 7:02 am

17. Here is the problems, first of all, why do we need someone to lead us? I know of no other race who are talking about someone leading them? Here is the sad part, we are too stupid to know that a president is for all people. My parents, sisters, brohters and realtivies have never needed someone to lead us. Do we invest? yes. Do we own poverty and a few farms, YES, YES! How do you think we got there? We didn’t wait around for Mr. Charlie to give us something. We took advantage of what was out there and made it work for us. We are teaching our younger generation to do the same. Stop judging others by yourself. There are million of us who are doing well. Two of my brothers are on the trail teaching young men to invest. Do they come to the training which is free. NO! Message: get off your butts and stop waiting for superman, he ain’t coming. A fool can be led anywhere.

Marsha
    March 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

18. Glad the brother is back in the playing field. Financial freedom is freedom.

ann teacher
    March 14, 2013 at 1:08 am

19. “I kind of agree with Minister Farrakhan. I think Republicans caused African-American fatherless families. Republicans made sure Black males were denied jobs, bullied by police and republican appointed judges. Blacks were denied education – Remember George Wallace of Al. Black males found themselves cornered by Republicans even when not in prison. This has emasculated black males and depended upon Black females. As men, they cannot stand that. They run away from their families. So don’t blame Black males for fatherless homes. Blame republicans. This however has to change now. You heard Rush today whining things are changing on him too fast. His Radio show is losing money – and will soon die. FoxNews is already dying. Those were agencies encouraging republicans continue to mistreat Blacks males.” by Pastori Balele

-Pastori Balele

Believe what you will. Louis Farrakhan is slinging a mountain of BS. Few if any Republican Party elected officials hold office in the Black community. The Democratic Party has been large and in charge for decades in most any area where the voter are predominately black.

Since the Democratic Party has been large and in charge, there are more blacks on “welfare/food stamps”, more fatherless black families, more black men, women, and children dependent of government social programs, etc., etc.

Furthermore, for decades dysfunctional university educated black social workers and foster parents have contributed to the breakup of the black family to pay down on mortgages, etc., etc., at the expense of the black structure, none of this being attributed or the fault of the Republican Party.

************************************
    Unlike many of today’s black leaders, Malcolm X truly stepped up to the plate to serve U.S. born black men and women to the best of his ability.

YouTube: Malcolm X: Make It Plain (Full PBS Documentary) uploaded by Blacksdahistory.

Malcolm X greatest legacy was his new calling of starting an entirely new organization with the mission to hold elected officials, public servants, accountable to the Constitution, the laws on the books, and advising black men and women to use the right vote to make the system work for the benefit of U.S. born black men and women.

YouTube: MALCOLM X: “I’m Probably am a Dead Man Already.” by antihostile.

Unfortunately, Malcolm X was killed for exposing corruption within the Nation of Islam at its highest ranks of leadership, exposing the fact that high level individuals within the leadership of Nation of Islam impregnated teenage black girls (statutory rape) and used teenage black girls and their new born children to collect AFDC benefits, etc., etc., to financially enrich the NOI leadership.

March 15, 2013 at 7:19 am

20. “I kind of agree with Minister Farrakhan. I think Republicans caused African-American fatherless families. Republicans made sure Black males were denied jobs, bullied by police and republican appointed judges. Blacks were denied education – Remember George Wallace of Al. Black males found themselves cornered by Republicans even when not in prison. This has emasculated black males and depended upon Black females. As men, they cannot stand that. They run away from their families. So don’t blame Black males for fatherless homes. Blame republicans. This however has to change now. You heard Rush today whining things are changing on him too fast. His Radio show is losing money – and will soon die. FoxNews is already dying. Those were agencies encouraging republicans continue to mistreat Blacks males.” by Pastori Balele

-Pastori Balele

Believe what you will. Louis Farrakhan is slinging a mountain of BS. Few if any Republican Party elected officials hold office in the Black community. The Democratic “the Premier Party of Jim Crow/Black Code Law Enforcement” Party has been large and in charge for decades in most any area where the voters are predominately black.

Since the Democratic Party has been large and in charge, there are more U.S. born blacks on “welfare/food stamps”, more fatherless black families, more black men, women, and children dependent of government social programs, more black men and women in prison,etc., etc.

March 15, 2013 at 7:34 am

21. “I kind of agree with Minister Farrakhan. I think Republicans caused African-American fatherless families. Republicans made sure Black males were denied jobs, bullied by police and republican appointed judges. Blacks were denied education – Remember George Wallace of Al. Black males found themselves cornered by Republicans even when not in prison. This has emasculated black males and depended upon Black females. As men, they cannot stand that. They run away from their families. So don’t blame Black males for fatherless homes. Blame republicans. This however has to change now. You heard Rush today whining things are changing on him too fast. His Radio show is losing money – and will soon die. FoxNews is already dying. Those were agencies encouraging republicans continue to mistreat Blacks males.” by Pastori Balele.

-Pastori Balele

Correction: “Believe what you will. Who ever claims that the Republican Party is responsible for the demise of Black America, is slinging a mountain of BS. Few if any Republican Party elected officials hold office in the Black community. The Democratic “the Premier Party of Jim Crow/Black Code Law Enforcement” Party has been large and in charge for decades in most any area where the voters are predominately black.”

Since the Democratic Party has been large and in charge, there are more U.S. born blacks on “welfare/food stamps”, more fatherless black families, more black men, women, and children dependent on government social programs, more black men and women in prison, more illegal aliens displacing U.S. born blacks in formerly predominately black communities of Compton, CA, South Los Angeles, Baltimore, MD, Detroit, MI, New Orleans, LA, etc., etc.

March 15, 2013 at 7:57 am

22. “I kind of agree with Minister Farrakhan. I think Republicans caused African-American fatherless families. Republicans made sure Black males were denied jobs, bullied by police and republican appointed judges. Blacks were denied education – Remember George Wallace of Al. Black males found themselves cornered by Republicans even when not in prison. This has emasculated black males and depended upon Black females. As men, they cannot stand that. They run away from their families. So don’t blame Black males for fatherless homes. Blame republicans. This however has to change now. You heard Rush today whining things are changing on him too fast. His Radio show is losing money – and will soon die. FoxNews is already dying. Those were agencies encouraging republicans continue to mistreat Blacks males.” by Pastori Balele.

-Pastori Balele

The Moynihan Report: Chapter II. The Negro American Family still holds validity, and the Democratic Party through inept black leaders have contributed to the unwarranted break up of the traditional black family structure for profit.

Furthermore, for decades dysfunctional university educated black social workers and foster parents have contributed to the breakup of the black family to pay down on mortgages, etc., etc., at the expense of the black family structure, none of this being attributed or the fault of the Republican Party.

March 15, 2013 at 8:03 am

23. “I personally witnessed firsthand how our so-called Black leaders and their people take advantage of Blacks. Approximately 6 months ago, I paid top dollar for a ticket to hear one of our so-called Black leaders speak. He travels around the U.S. talking, and he also travels to Black countries.

This leader’s event advertised that the people who paid top dollar would receive three gifts, and would be seated near the front. I paid at the door, and asked about these gifts and seats just to make sure I had this information correct, even though I read about the gifts on the web. I was told by the woman in the booth that it was true. After I handed her the money, I asked for the gifts, and she said “Oh, you can get that inside”. She told me to show the host my ticket.

Well, that was a lie. When I got inside, I showed the host my ticket and she said that she did not know anything about any gifts. She then went around asking other workers, and they had not heard anything about any gifts. I even asked the woman who seated me and she had never heard of any gifts. As far as front seats where concerned, people were being sent to the back because the worker’s friends had held seats.

I left without what I was promised, I also noticed that other top ticket payers did not have gifts either.

I could not get this out of my mind. Those negroes had the nerve to advertise these gifts, and they lied. That is called “False Advertising”. Therefore, I called their headquarters and complained, and I was told that I would be mailed a “book”, which is not what was promised.

This is what I am talking about. Because this event was attended by 100% Blacks, our so-called Black leaders feel like they can just lie to us and take advantage of us. I will never attend another one of these so-called “Black folks only” conferences again.

I recommend that Black people read literature on the web about how to start a business, and visit their libraries to learn about how to start a business. Invest your money yourself, and don’t trust these hustlers.” -Patricia Gillespie McAllister ·

-Patricia Gillespie McAllister

Indeed Patricia. That game playing deceitful nonsense committed by treasonous individuals, some of them being university educated has been going on for decades.

Believe it or not, the individuals you are describing end up being the greatest losers, because being sleazy and unethical eventually catches up with perpetrators, Reverend John Hunter being yet another disgraceful example.

March 15, 2013 at 8:26 am

24. Source Thread: “Farrakhan Says Black People Must Begin to Invest their Money” by Dr. Boyce Watkins

Selected excerpt:

“……The minister spoke to the importance of economic self-sufficiency as a necessity for dealing with the dismal economic climate being faced by the African American community. The black unemployment rate is nearly double that of whites, and black family wealth has been absolutely obliterated by the recession. Nearly every other group has recovered from the recession, except for the black community. Corporations recovered within months and white unemployment isn’t all that bad, but black unemployment is atrocious, and black men are in the middle of a persistent version of the Great Depression.” by Dr. Boyce Watkins

NOI Minister Louis Farrakhan left out the reality that Hispanics (MALDEF), Koreans, Caucasian, Jewish lawyers, elected officials, university graduates, including illegal aliens, etc., etc., do a much better job of competently serving or representing their respective communities or constituencies, than black elected officials, black college graduates, black lawyers, the NAACP, etc., do to serve U.S. born descendants of slavery.

“LAUSD to pay Miramonte victims $30 million” by Stephen Ceasar, Richard Winton and Teresa Watanabe, Los Angeles Times, March 12, 2013.

……more likely 30 Million and climbing, because other civil claims are in progress for addition mega-buck claims for damages.

The student victims are Hispanic, many of them being illegal aliens or anchor babies of illegal aliens, and their primary attorney(s) is Hispanic.

“Barack Obama and the Betrayal of Black America” By Chidike Okeem, June 2, 2011, TheAmericanThinker.com

“A conversation between President Obama and the black community” Published on Jun 7, 2012 by drboycewatkins.

YouTube: “Interview with Terry Anderson, Uploaded by crowdifornia, Jun 10, 2009

YouTube: “Interview with Terry Anderson, Part 2” Uploaded by crowdifornia, Jun 10, 2009

Unlike President Barack Obama, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, U.S. born black lawyers, far too many deceitful/treasonous black elected officials, the “worthless” NAACP, pseudo and other so called black civil rights organizations that betray the black community daily……..

……Hispanic lawyers, Hispanic elected officials, Hispanic organizations such as MALDEF and LA RAZA, including Hispanic illegal aliens take advantage of any and every opportunity to file a claim against a government agency for violating their Constitutional/property rights, to acquire assets to benefit their community or culture, etc., etc.

Instead of using “MLK Marching tactics that won’t bring monetary redress, much, much less that fruitful activity that commonly takes place in situations where blacks are so victimized”, Hispanic organizations and individuals use the tools of government, truly exercise his, her, and/or their Constitution rights, have lawyers and elected officials who assist them in any civil tort/Constitutional grievance with a truly factual basis that can be proven in court, to sue for and win megabuck out of court settlements, actual court settlements, assists in lawfully acquiring assets to enable their people to move up from poverty, and to hold a wealthy agency (LAUSD) financially accountable for the actions of its rogue and criminal teachers.

“Supreme Court rejects damages for innocent man who spent 14 years on death row” In a 5-4 ruling, justices overturn a jury verdict awarding $14 million to John Thompson, who had sued then-New Orleans Dist. Atty. Harry Connick Sr. because prosecutors hid a blood test that would have proved his innocence in a murder case.” By David G. Savage, Washington Bureau, March 30, 2011, Los Angeles Times

In contrast, more so than not, elected black leaders, black civil lawyers make excuses to do nothing, have contempt for the Constitution, don’t use the Constitution to serve black people, are not competent at all, or use games of deceit to betray blacks who have a legitimate grievance, bend over backwards to serve anyone but U.S. born blacks, which keeps U.S. born blacks in poverty, and unrepresented

Economic self-sufficiency and competent representation are just too important to eliminate one in favor of the other.

In the U.S., without competent representation (elected representative, lawyer, or other form of representation), you won’t continue to hold on to, or keep the economic resources that you have lawfully acquired. Lack of competent representation will make it easier for agents and officials of government, a private business entity, or a private citizen to commit a criminal or unethical act to infringe upon your property rights. This can mean or the end result can enable the unlawful perpetrators to get away with taking your assets away from you, or violate your Constitutional rights, with impunity.

Without an opportunity to become gainfully employed, or to lawfully acquire other assets through investment, free enterprise, etc., you will be overly dependent on government for your survival, and in some instances, out of desperation with no way out from being in poverty, some people will commit a criminal act to acquire the necessities of life, such as food, clothing, and shelter.

March 15, 2013 at 10:20 am

• Mr. M. Lofton– the validity of your insight as well as truth is immeasurable-to the dire need of a profound maneuver on the behalf of Black Folk in America to unify our efforts and COLLECTIVELY BOYCOTT PRIMARILY THE RETAIL INDUSTRY– with all intentions of showing our CONSUMER WEALTH–to be in a position to demand that our issues be addressed by those whom we elected to represent us. That said, how would one REACH THE MASSES– AS WELL AS THOSE WHO CAN BE INSTRUMENTAL IN THE PLIGHT OF ERADICATING THE AWFUL AND DEPLORABLE TREATMENT OF BLACK FOLK (AFRICAN AMERICANS) SOCIALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY, AND ECONOMICALLY?

Phillip Battle
      March 17, 2013 at 4:22 am

• RE: Farrakhan Says Black People Must Begin to Invest their Money

Selected Comment:

“Mr. M. Lofton– the validity of your insight as well as truth is immeasurable-to the dire need of a profound maneuver on the behalf of Black Folk in America to unify our efforts and COLLECTIVELY BOYCOTT PRIMARILY THE RETAIL INDUSTRY– with all intentions of showing our CONSUMER WEALTH–to be in a position to demand that our issues be addressed by those whom we elected to represent us. That said, how would one REACH THE MASSES– AS WELL AS THOSE WHO CAN BE INSTRUMENTAL IN THE PLIGHT OF ERADICATING THE AWFUL AND DEPLORABLE TREATMENT OF BLACK FOLK (AFRICAN AMERICANS) SOCIALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY, AND ECONOMICALLY?” – Phillip Battle

Hello Mr. Battle,

It has been a while since I’ve visited this site. In answer to your question, I truly believe that once our elected Black leaders, lawyers, journalists, so-called university educated individuals step up to the plate…..

………the positive results will enable the underclass to see that is possible to make the Constitution, the “rule of law”, etc., a reality.

One thing is certain, this would be the only way to determine the true heroes, or leaders in our community. As my Dad used to say, who is no longer hear today, he passed in July of 2003, “Anything Worthwhile Grows”, which is indeed true.

Best Regards,

May 4, 2013 at 6:27 pm

• Hello Mr. Battle,

Correction:

One thing is certain, this would be the only way to determine the true heroes, or leaders in our community. As my Dad used to say, who is no longer here today, he passed in July of 2003, “Anything Worthwhile Grows”, which is indeed true.

Best Regards,

May 4, 2013 at 6:33 pm

……..Hispanic lawyers, Hispanic elected officials, Hispanic organizations such as MALDEF and LA RAZA, including Hispanic illegal aliens take advantage of any and every opportunity to file a claim against a government agency for violating their Constitutional/property rights, to acquire assets to benefit their community or culture, etc., etc.

60 Minutes, Sunday, March 24, 2013, “Blindsided: The exoneration of Brian Banks”. The woman, Wanetta Gibson, who made the false claim of rape against Brian Banks is black. “As his day in court approached, Brian says that his lawyer feared that he wouldn’t get a fair trial, based on his age, size & race. So she, an African-American herself, convinced Brian to plead no contest to a crime he insisted he didn’t commit.”. -Attorney Elizabeth Harris should be barred from practicing law.

Source: “Will Smith, Jesse Jackson, Chris Rock Support Dr. Boyce Watkins and Russell Simmons’ Campaign Against Mass Incarceration”.
        Selected comment:

“The problem with MASS-INCARCERATION is not the USA JUST_US system…

The problem is with Black people; as the old saying goes, ignorance of the law is no excuse…

When you nine (9) out of ten (10) Blacks taking plea deals, and pleading guilty because of their ignorance, then there is nothing you can do about that…

You go to any city in America, and Black folks will tell you, you better take that deal, these white folks don’t play here…and this is all too common among Blacks…

1) Never give up your right to “REMAIN SILENT”…

2) Never give up your right to a “SPEEDY TRIAL”…

These are the most common rights we give up as a whole…I have been charged with every crime under the SUN, just for being Black…held in jail with a high bond for months waiting to go to trial…put in cells with thugs, and had to fight daily, because the people think that I will plea guilty to their erroneous charges…

NEVER, to strong for that, my mind is not week…

You have Black court appointed attorneys convincing their clients to plea guilty, instead of the attorney doing their job to investigate a case; I guess it is a lot easier to get $30,000.00 to convince your own race to plea guilty, then to have to work for the money and help convince a jury they are not guilty…
        There is nothing your “NOT the Black people’s President” can do for you…it is like education, it must start in the home…but for some reason, families are first one’s to convince you to take the deal” -PB Short.

-PB Short

There is one positive solution, and that is using the influence necessary to insure that any inept court appointed attorney or otherwise, especially a court appointed Black attorney who has a history of recommending his or her client and/or to any judge of the court that his or her Black and truly innocent client “plead no contest/guilty” be fired on the spot, or barred from ever practicing law again.

Holding individuals accountable or firing them if they are not competent:

1. Will keep you from senselessly losing your shirt/assets through paying for incompetence.

2. Will increase competency in the Black community.

3. Individuals who are not competent won’t be able to make a living.

4. They can or will lose their license to be lawfully and gainfully employed, or if an incompetent individual is licensed he or she won’t be able to financially profit from holding the license, because truly informed individuals will not seek or pay for the services of the incompetent.

May 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Selected comment:

“The problem with MASS-INCARCERATION is not the USA JUST_US system…

1) Never give up your right to “REMAIN SILENT”…

2) Never give up your right to a “SPEEDY TRIAL”…

NEVER, to strong for that, my mind is not week…

May 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Attorney Elizabeth Harris, and/or any other attorney who does this, namely advising any innocent client to plead “no contest”, should be fired and disbarred from practicing law in any court jurisdiction in the United States of America.

May 4, 2013 at 6:55 pm

25. Hi to every one, it’s genuinely a nice for me to pay a quick visit this web page, it includes helpful Information. Coach Factory http://www.hscalumet.org/outlet.html

Coach Factory
    April 10, 2013 at 3:58 am

• Of course high resolution gametape quality contains much memory, that抯 why it gives better quality.

3m rs gold
      May 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm

26. Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is fantastic, as well as the content!

Air Jordans
    April 10, 2013 at 4:04 am

27. I simply could not go away your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual supply for your visitors? Is going to be back continuously in order to check out new posts

Air Jordans
    April 10, 2013 at 4:04 am

28. Brother Farrakhan is correct about investing, but we need our own black businesses to invest in, along with investing in others as well. I recall he was the NOI leader who started the cutback on the black businesses of the Nation of Islam some time back. So where are all of the NOI businesses now, Brother Farrakhan, that many individul Muslims had? Booker T. Washington was correct when he said over 150 years ago, that any group of people that do not have their own businesses and economic power cannot be free and independent, and have the respect of others. And as for many of the brothers on the streets in trouble, and having no jobs, THEY NEED TO TAKE THEIR BEHINDS TO SCHOOL AND GET SOME KNOWLEDGE IN THEIR BRAINS. So speak to education too Brother Louis Farrakhan, which is extremely vital. And our black leaders need to stress this over and over until it is ringing in their ears. Dumb and ignorance ain’t gonna get anyone anywhere. Brother Jesse Jackson use to always say: “You got to get the books to get the bucks.” And all of our black leaders need to be saying it now. — Rev. George Brooks

Rev. George Brooks
    April 14, 2013 at 12:37 am

29. Hello Mr. Battle,

….the positive results will enable the underclass to see that is possible to make the Constitution, the “rule of law”, etc., a reality.

Correction:

Best Regards,

May 4, 2013 at 6:29 pm

30. http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-970935

There is not a Constitutional protection more important to the essence of what it means to be a U.S. citizen, than the opportunity to lawfully make an honest living, that makes it possible to legally acquire property, to provide food, clothing, and shelter for a family, and to have competent representation in a lawyer, an elected official to enable you to keep legally acquired property and to uphold other Constitutional rights!

RE: “Research Shows Quality of Life for Black Mothers Is Extremely Low:”

Here you have Black women fussing/complaining/crying about Black men not being a responsible Father…….The problems and solutions are more complex than placing all blame for the destruction of the Black family, and the demise of the Black community by using Black men, namely Black Fathers as the only culprit!

…..and Martin Luther King “Dream Speeches or MLK Freedom Marches have yet to address or resolve these issues.

May 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm

31. Save All Paperwork: Whatever paperwork arrives with your parts or which is provided from the
    seller should be maintained. You might get one or more benefits of outline
    designer along with it is the ideal means to unleash the capacities.
    Html form builder renders efficient service to online business companies to create any sort of online form to
    integrate it into their website and receive incoming information from online visitors.

online form generator
    July 10, 2013 at 3:53 am

32. Save All Paperwork: Whatever paperwork arrives with your parts
    or which is provided from the seller should be maintained.
    Rather, they’re designed to help spark possibilities in your own mind. You can make corrections directly instead of having to search mistake through the code, if something does not seem OK for you.

online form creator
    July 17, 2013 at 11:17 am

33. Consumer products and services market is increasingly getting competitive with each marketer vying with other
    to grab the customer attention. Armed with your domain and keyword, you are now ready for the second
    stage. One: Saves time – Going for a generator will economize you
    lots of time.

online forms
    July 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm

34. Now, there are hundreds of programs available ranging
    from free to hundreds of dollars, including everything from a
    bare bones setup to an all inclusive image editing suit.
    He knew the system well enough to not pay many of his suppliers and sub-contractors, then
    would cover it up up by handing out fake lien releases to make
    it look like they were paid. Decide now because if you
    are a weight lifter, you will not build the chest that you
    are looking for.

online form generator
    July 17, 2013 at 7:09 pm

35. Если вы должны начать процесс
    охлаждения немедленно, вы хотите, чтобы охладить радиатор первой.
    То, что большинство людей не могут понять, что
    с большим количеством филиалов доступны для авторемонта владельцев магазинов
    сегодня большинство независимых авторемонтных мастерских теперь предлагают общенациональной гарантия.
    Мы советовали владельцу, что ремонт этих двух условий являются приоритетными и
    что транспортное средство должно быть принято с
    дороги, пока причины не были найдены и исправлены .

автосервис шкода
    July 20, 2013 at 4:20 pm

36. For most up-to-date information you have to go to see world-wide-web
    and on the web I found this web page as a most excellent website for latest updates.

attarintiki daredi leaked images
    July 30, 2013 at 4:37 pm

37. I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps
    everybody else encountering problems with your site.
    It appears as though some of the text within your posts are running off
    the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let
    me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a issue with my
    internet browser because I’ve had this happen before. Appreciate it

Here is my weblog; personage463.blogasek.pl

personage463.blogasek.pl
    July 1, 2014 at 8:01 am

38. is one of the great finds of thanks to a fun system? trading Thing that will be repeated in FIFA 15 since last year the most important players of all timeby EA Sports and where if last year and thiss not going to change the preserve of One Xbox and Xbox 360 so players PlayStation and PC So at least I have declared domestic sources of EA Sportsnot all versions will not be present on all platforms Xbox One of which only the three And youXbox 360 Legends that this mode is only on Microsoft consoles? EA Sports has announced the launch of a new free mode for FIFA 14available for the Xbox 360 Still works well – you create a team from playersaround the world you get in on – but you can not use your current team players Ultimate Team and you can At the beginning of the game you choose your team and features a logo for your teamcan add players from the 32 teams participating in the world of buying on FUT Brazil World Cup with FIFA You can get extra envelopes andcoins playing FUT World Cup modeTeam Ultimate which is not bad although there is a major change in the As you know In FUT World Cup this changes To explain with a simple example the England striker sothey will have a much greater chemicalinterface adapted to the FIFA eventoption to play games in the Maracana stadium from the group stages to the final in a newworld champion will be crownedpublished as the competition is held outside the World Cup FUT mode so that you can incorporate intos official website and you can also including news scores and even some players

July 1, 2014 at 7:54 pm

39. “they could not support a party that beevield in equality so they became republicans!!”If they truly beevield in equality they would have been republican!I’ve read from posts on this blog and others that we are what we are.Wilson has stated that he didn’t choose to be gay. If one can’t choose to be gay or straight how can one choose to be a democrat or republican. If one doesn’t believe in equality how can one “choose” to believe in it? We can change our minds on decisions but we are or are not racists. The democrat party has a long history of hate and distain for those who aren’t white Christians. These racist democrats didn’t change parties they stayed democrats and became good at hiding their true feelings. I learned at an early age that I didn’t want to be associated with hypocrites, I knew at an early age that I possessed conservative views, I m a republican. So you liberal left twisting lug nuts can keep your race-hating goofs. We in the Republican Party never wanted them anyway.

Mariana
    July 5, 2014 at 8:49 pm

40. I might be beating a dead horse, but thank you for posting this!

obtaining cover
    July 13, 2014 at 12:22 am

41. You got to push it-this essential info that is!

add activities
    July 13, 2014 at 9:11 am

42. A million thanks for posting this information.

auto insurance free quotes
    July 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

43. You mean I don’t have to pay for expert advice like this anymore?!

lift
    July 13, 2014 at 6:22 pm

44. Hahahaha. I’m not too bright today. Great post!

auto insurance quotes
    July 14, 2014 at 12:50 pm

45. Mighty useful. Make no mistake, I appreciate it.

left holding
    July 15, 2014 at 5:21 am

46. That’s not just the best answer. It’s the bestest answer!

mind regarding
    July 15, 2014 at 9:32 pm

47. Action requires knowledge, and now I can act!

quotes correctly
    July 15, 2014 at 10:01 pm

48. Just the type of insight we need to fire up the debate.

search many