Black Man Found Hanging from a Tree in Jersey City, New Jersey

Filed under: BizTechNews |

ParkPicture

By Yolanda Spivey

Jersey City, N.J. – A disturbing report is being circulated among various news outlets that a Black man was found hanging from a tree in a Jersey City, New Jersey park.

The lifeless body of the unidentified man, who appeared to be in his 60’s, was found in Lafayette Park on the morning of August 6, 2013.  NJ.com reports that a woman “who was walking on Manning Avenue near Lafayette Street just outside the park,” saw the man and immediately reported the incident to police officials.

Gene Rubino, who is the spokesman for the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, said that the man was taken to Jersey City Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.  He also told NJ.com “that foul play is not suspected and that there were no visible signs of trauma or assault.”

A woman who identifies herself as Nurse Tonya tells a different story.  In the comment section posted on NJ.com, she writes, “I was there alone, in my truck, taking my two toddlers to the park to meet their daycare, and then on my way to work. I take the cobble stone road as a short cut and as I looked beyond the trees to see where the class was, I was curious why the park was COMPLETELY empty. I lowered my eyes as I was slowing down to see a man “Kneeling” yet hung from a tree.”

She then wrote that she called 911 but never got out of her car as she had her two children.  She also wrote that what she saw didn’t appear to be suicide because his hands were tied behind his back.  She wrote, “I saw the truth!  I have two baby boys and am DEVASTATED that I have had to explain to toddlers why they saw a man hanging from a tree. Get the 911 tape and set the truth straight! I am mortified, insulted, and saddened but I will not be silent no [sic] that I feel there is inaccuracy.”

We tried reaching out to the Jersey City police media department, but our calls went unanswered.

For now, Lafayette Park remains closed as Police investigate this heinous incident.

Comments

comments

46 Responses to Black Man Found Hanging from a Tree in Jersey City, New Jersey

1. HOW CAN THIS BE, HASN’T ALL OF THE NEWS PERSONALITIES STATING ,THERE IS NO PREJUDICE IN AMERICA. THIS CERTAINLY WILL COME AS A SURPRISE AS THE 17YR OLD BOY WHO WAS SHOT AND KILLED RECENTLY, BY A MEXICAN FULLY GROWN MAN,WAS AT FAULT FOR EATING HIS SKITTLES TOO CLOSE TO SOMEONES TOWNHOME AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT BLACK PPL ARE SO RACIST, THEY DARED TO ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KILLING OF A TEEN BY A FULLY GROWN ASSHOLE, WHO WAS THEN LET GO HOME, PLAYING THE VICTIM. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO KEEPS TELLING THESE LIES, SHOULD FEEL THE HEAT OF HELL FIRE. HE FEARS FOR HIS LIFE. WOW THIS ELDERLY MAN HANGED HIMSELF FROM A TREE AND TIED HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS BACK, I SAY PHUK EVERYONE OF YOU LYING STINKING MO FOS. NOW IT’S BACK TO THIS, WITH POLICE INVESTIGATORS TRY AND LIE ABOUT THERE WAS NO FOUL PLAY. THANK GOD, THIS WOMAN CAME FORTH AND TELL EVERYONE THE POLICE ARE LYING. WELL THAT’S JUST PAR FOR THE COURSE.

Yvonne Richardson
    August 12, 2013 at 11:23 pm

2. Unbelievable!

ana
    August 13, 2013 at 12:17 am

3. MARCH!!! We cannot sit and watch this happen. MARCH!!

Join over 2 million people at the March in DC on August 24. We are marching for JUSTICE, JOBS AND EQUALITY.

March as if your life depends on it because it does!!

Marion
    August 13, 2013 at 1:51 am

• “March”, what a joke. Don’t forget to sing we shall overcome and amazing grace.

elaine
      August 13, 2013 at 10:50 am

4. Consider this, whites aren’t the only ones capable of an obviously violent act against Black People. Jersey City, N.J.?

sasack
    August 13, 2013 at 2:18 am

5. That is so sad and sickening.

Alfreda
    August 13, 2013 at 2:28 am

6. Every mother and their brother has a cell phone….why did she not take a picture as proof…sometimes I just don’t believe half the stuff that passes itself off as news

Shirlock Holmes
    August 13, 2013 at 2:53 am

7. There should be an investigation. Until there is, we should keep our frustrations to ourselves becsuse spewing more hate on hate does no one any good.

John H Hill
    August 13, 2013 at 3:02 am

8. I noticed a comment regarding Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman above. I live in Florida, and my family was saddened and sickened by Trayvon’s needless death. I do however, strongly believe that it is very important to get facts straight. Zimmerman is NOT Mexican. Zimmerman’s mother is from Peru, a country in South America that has nothing to do with Mexico. His father is white.

Joy
    August 13, 2013 at 3:34 am

9. In response to Joy’s last comment saying Zimmerman isn’t Mexican, but Peruvian and white….who cares????

And for those saying “They’re starting it again,” who is THEY? I am white and don’t know ONE white person who would hang a black person. I’m sure this DEFINITELY would have hit mainstream media, if it were true, because the media WANTS an all-out race war.

diane215232113
    August 13, 2013 at 3:47 am

• YOu may think you do not know one white person that would hang a “Black Man”!! There are those that would do it in a New York second!!! Do you realize the last officially listed hanging of a “Black Man” in America was only thirty-two years ago? That is not a long time ago for a civilized nation.

Miss B
      September 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm

10. IF BLACKS KEEP LETTING THE RACIST WRONGS GO WITHOUT CORRECTION,THEY WILL CONTINUE BECAUSE
    RACIST COPY CATS WILL FOLLOW SUIT LIKE THEIR SERIAL KILLAS.IF ONE IN ANOTHER RACE DO A BLACK
    WRONG,THEY ALL FOLLW WHAT EACH OTHER DO,SO THEY ALL WILL THINK THEY WILL HAVE THE SAME RIGHT
    UNLESS SOMEBODY STOP THEM.REMEMBER IN SCHOOL IF YOU LET ONE WHOOP YOU,THE REST IS GOING TO
    DO IT ALSO. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THAT IFYOU GO TO JAIL,YOU DONT LET NO INMATE WHOOP YOU,AND
    IF YOU DO,THEY ARE GOING TO THINK YOU ARE WEAKAND OTHERS ARE GONNA START TAKEING
    ADVANTAGE OF YOU.ITS THE SAME WITH WHITES.BLACKFOLKS NEED TO FIGHT BACK.

TRUTH
    August 13, 2013 at 7:55 am

11. Even if the events described in this comment stream are true, and really, all you have is “Nurse Tonya”, black people aren’t the only people getting killed meaninglessly and for nothing…you may have to copy and paste the following link into your browser. This action got barely a mention in the local news. Until we take care of the gang-banger garbage out there, we will not be taken seriously. And I emphasize, there is NO solid proof about the claims being made in NJ. Before going off threatening folks based on their skin color, be sure you REALLY know what you are talking about! And let’s clean up our own backyard while we at it!

LJ
    August 13, 2013 at 12:20 pm

12. Here we go again, taking a little bit of information and running half cocked in a different direction. The subject was actually in a position of execution. Somewhat in the gangster style. In my opinion, this may not be a black and white issue.

Gloria Geter
    August 13, 2013 at 1:51 pm

13. What the local & national news won’t put out to the public… THIS WAS A LYNCHING IN A MATTER OF JUST TWO WEEKS in August 2013… People haven’t
    Registered this concept in regards to the
    SLICK way the media has circulated this story…..

Hiroader2
    August 13, 2013 at 3:42 pm

• Your right, there was another lynching in Texas about a month ago. Alleging the person was dating a white girl and they broke up and he killed himself???

Amazing Grace
      August 13, 2013 at 7:25 pm

14. if you wanted to.. it is really quite easy to tie your own hands with teeth in front of you and slip your legs thru your arms and voila… hands behind the back,, let the police finish their investigation… remember a VET commits suicide every 40 minutes…just sayin…

John Smith
    August 13, 2013 at 5:44 pm

• You should try to see if such an illusion works for you. However, please do not forget to write “imbecile” on your forehead before your attempt.

James Roseau--Danbury, CT
      August 14, 2013 at 6:30 am

15. As a mother of 2 beautiful bi racial children and the wife of an African immigrant, and as a HUMANBEING I am totally disgusted and truly saddened by this type of behavior among what is suppose to be a civilized society. Oh how I weep for the future of our planet.

tina ceesay
    August 13, 2013 at 7:11 pm

16. First off if you are gonna kill your self you are not gonna take the time to tie a knot in a rope and jump over it to put your hands behind your back. That’s just a stupid thing to say. Not saying he was killed by white people, it doesn’t matter if they were white or black a man was murdered and put out on display like some kinda animal. That’s all that we need to focus on right now.

Kevina
    August 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

17. @John Smith, you would be a horrible mystery writer. Fiction is your fortay I see. How in the world is someone going to tie their hands with their teeth while hanging from a tree The rope is around the neck choking the heck out of them, yet they still manage to use their teeth, to tie their hands and then again WHILE HANGING FROM THE NECK, take their hand and raise their feet to put their hands in back of them………………..WOW!!!

Kai
    August 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm

18. And just incase you want to say they tied their hands before hanging themselves, just how did they put the rope around their neck and how was he hung. There was no chair or anything reported being next to the tree. How did he get up high enough to hang himself. let me guess, he jumped up and perfectly aimed his head and neck through the loop of the rope right…..RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Kai
    August 13, 2013 at 8:30 pm

19. Whatever! I lived in Jersey City for most of my life and I can tell you that EVEN 30 YEARS AGO, Lafayette Park was an area where you would NEVER find ANY white people!! This part of town has been “the hood” FOREVER!! So, just imagine if the story had said the Crenshaw area of L.A. or, maybe, Rucker Park in Harlem…you would just have to say NO WAY to any white(s) pulling this B.S. off!!!! C’MON, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
    August 13, 2013 at 8:44 pm

• To exclude anyone based on the location would be assumption, not fact…, Just like categorizing lynching as strictly a white man’s crime would be assumption… Just the FACTS ma’am….. no assumptions…

My grievance is how SLICK! the media has circulated this lynching story that’s a week old in August 2013… This should’ve been national news…

Hiroader2
      August 14, 2013 at 8:27 am

20. No one knows who did it, but black people don’t go aroung hanging people. it is not the thing we are known for. So why are you and others so surprised at who most people believe the murder(s) to be.

Kai
    August 13, 2013 at 9:03 pm

21. If this man’s hands were tied the autopsy will prove the truth.

latasha
    August 13, 2013 at 10:47 pm

22. They hung him and the want to make look like they didn’t to enhance the countries image how could a old man like that climb up in tree and hang himself. His killers are free to kill again.

humm
    August 14, 2013 at 12:32 am

23. Where are the so-called protestors now? Get it together New Jersey! The South got more heart than you guys! Ok just go get high and forget about it!

Mike D
    August 14, 2013 at 1:29 am

24. Mike d you fucking coward. The south more heart than NJ? Your not too bright I see. I’ll just leave it at that.

Aja
    August 14, 2013 at 3:54 am

25. Life is all but a passing phenomenon; it is a 360-degree process that flows everlastingly.

James Roseau--Danbury, CT
    August 14, 2013 at 6:23 am

26. Ok, this happened Aug 6 and we just hearing about this now, second, how do we know white ppl did this, this could have been done by blks. Dont jump the gun, remember that blk woman a yr ago that set herself on fire and wrote kkk on her car, she lied and said whites did it when she did it, lets get the facts straight first.

girly
    August 14, 2013 at 6:56 am

27. Pingback: History Repeating Itself? Time To Wake Up! | As My Pen Hit The Pad....

28. Brings to mind that 60’s song “Strange Fruit”

ericaf
    August 14, 2013 at 10:45 am

29. Don’t know who is right concerning this story but I do know that before I get upset that a White racist may have done it, make sure a drug dealer did not do it, I am shocked at how many old men that was dealing drugs when they were young are still doing the same thing today. I’ll have to hear more of this before I run my BP up!

Ann G.
    August 14, 2013 at 6:12 pm

30. Kudos to Jeremy Smith! …. You know what I see? I see the same thing I’ve always seen, a bunch of angry, “I’m not racist, you are” militant, “The world owes me something for nothing” moronic black people ganging up on a White Man for being proud to be white and asking a simple question… “Why was this automatically a white racist who did this”?… Has anyone bothered to answer the initial question?… No, because as usual, your answers are “KILL WHITEY”!… POINT BLANK, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!….. You have all proven Jeremy Smith’s point… Congratulations! … Just an added caveat, YOU ALL NEED SPELL CHECKER!

Youreallignorant Fahkers
    August 15, 2013 at 2:17 am

31. THE BEGINNING OF THE END…

Lifei Long
    August 15, 2013 at 7:13 am

32. this is so sad

stephanie
    August 16, 2013 at 12:04 pm

33. Pingback: ‘Bachelor’ starlet dies in suicide by hanging | Flat screens

34. IN CHICAGO THE BLACKS ARE SHOOTING THE BLACKS…YES, I AM AGAINST ANY THING THAT SHOWS HATRED FOR ONE ANOTHER B/C OF SKIN COLOR..THAT IS JUST IGNORANCE…BUT IT’S NOT JUST WHITES KILLING BLACK….READ THE CHICAGO PAPERS….

victor friskey
    September 20, 2013 at 4:16 pm

35. Joseph Albertini……..how can this man hanging be suicide if his hand was tied behind his back?

Betty
    September 26, 2013 at 1:26 am

36. Hang and Burn them!!! Whatever they do, do it back to them but much more worst!! No witnesses. Take out the key players. This is another fear tactic, so these pig ppl can have a reason to utililize martial law and military. I believe they are trying to put ppl including other races back or into slavery Remember America is in a lot of debt and worship old nick.(satan).

keepbothbarrelsloaded
    September 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

37. Pingback: Libertarian Claims There is a Liberal Satanist Goat Conspiracy to Hijack Facebook Pages | Americans Against the Tea Party

38. Pingback: The Historical Moment a Black Woman Defended a White Racist at a KKK Rally | Americans Against the Tea Party

39. The Ultimate Herpes Protocol teachesONPut the price of a $373check out up to $246 and potential consumers will transform away. Once you’re it genuine which the simple gladness on the bestassumed competence are being dropped as the face of a new generation of the British

jordans for sale
    June 29, 2014 at 6:28 am

40. The picture to the right is of one of the many rites you can earn in the game.
    If you sit down when playing games, you may want to use a stability ball which can help to straighten out your spine.
    Abimelech was apparently threatened by Isaac’s greatness.

summoners war sky arena hack
    August 30, 2014 at 4:47 am

41. By winning online, you should be able to win anywhere and anytime.

Cook scrumptious meals, and generate the tastiest dessert masterpieces.
    Uncharted 3 The Uncharted series has provided PS3 owners hours of top-notch game play in the adventure platform gaming genre.